Werkbeurs - Waiting For August
Georgiana Halmac, eldest daughter of her family, turns fifteen this winter. She lives with her six siblings in a social housing condo on the outskirts of Bacau (Romania). Their mother Liliana, an economic migrant in Torino, will not be back before Summer.
Werkbeurs - Samuel in the clouds
On the roof of the world, a man looks out of the window, hoping for snow. Until recently, Samuel operated the ski lift of the only ski slope in Bolivia, just like his father before him. Samuel still loves to ski but the snow is disappearing. Lost in the clouds, he is now the only remaining employee and takes care of the dilapidated buildings. Tourists from all over the world come to visit the Chacaltaya for the breathtaking view. Samuel serves them tea.
Doc/Fest brings the international documentary family together to celebrate the art and business of documentary making for five intense days in June. Now in its 20th Year, Sheffield Doc/Fest is one of the top three documentary festivals and markets in the world.
From 7 till 9 February 2014, The Centre for Investigative Journalism will organise the fourth edition of the London Investigative Film Festival.
During a two day event, the Centre for Investigative Journalism will show new and exciting ways of telling stories online; teaching the basics of creating interactive storytelling for people with little or no experience of coding.
Werkbeurs - Between Antwerp and Baghdad
Zelfa Madhloum went to Iraq to find Iraqis returning to their country after having emigrated. What is more, it was her first visit to her country of origin. Against everyone's advice, she decided to follow her destiny in Iraq. She immerses herself in the new, shocking world, gets to know other people her age and meets her family for the first time.
Werkbeurs - The art of becoming
Stories in the media on Scott Manyo or the dutch boy Mauro brought the issue of unaccompanied minors to the attention of the general public. But the boys and girls that end up here all alone, are rarely more than figures in one or the other report.
'The art of becoming', the new documentary by Catherine Vuylsteke and Hanne Phlypo, will have its world premiere during the Ostend Film Festival, on Sunday 8 September 2013 at 5 pm.
- 24/04/2014 Prijzen uitgereikt op de Nacht van de Journalistiek
- 14/04/2014 Marilo Fund - for a journalist in Belgium interested in Japan
- 11/04/2014 Help Journalismfund.eu!
- 11/04/2014 Henk Blanken wint de EU Health Prize for Journalists
- 11/04/2014 Dataharvest+
- 10/04/2014 M.J. Brusseprijs 2014 naar Marcel van Engelen
- 10/04/2014 Deadline bekend: 28 april 2014
- 08/04/2014 Aanmelden voor De Loep 2014
- 03/04/2014 Academie Periodieke Pers lanceert mediacoach, een zelftest voor journalisten
- 03/04/2014 "De zakelijke kant van het journalistieke domein was en is een hindermacht voor hoogwaardige journalistiek"