In 2011, representatives of seven European media foundations came together in De Balie Debating Centre in Amsterdam to exchange ideas. They agreed that encouraging high-quality journalism, in print or online, will help raise journalism's role as a vital defender of democracy's freedoms and as an initiator of a serious European discourse. The idea for the European Press Prize was born.
Tijdens de European Investigative Journalism Conference van de VVOJ zal het Fonds Pascal Decroos, samen met de VVOJ zelf, instaan voor een zijluik van het programma dat zich toespitst op fondsen en stichtingen.
At VVOJ's European Investigative Journalism Conference the Pascal Decroos Fund will, in cooperation with VVOJ itself, be in charge of a side track of the programme that is specifically aimed at foundations and funds.
The Knight Digital Media Center gives news startups some basic lessons on business plans after the Chicago News Cooperation, a two-year-old nonprofit news site, announced that it is suspending its contributions to the Midwest pages of the New York Times.
Knight News Challenge winners receive $4.7 million, including $1 million in support from Google; winners include traditional news organizations and Internet entrepreneurs, projects focused on government transparency, mobile and more.
Nieuws - Nonprofit Funding of Journalism
GERMANY/US - Report on US non-profit funding of journalism shows achievements and limits – and has lessons for Europe.
MIAMI - The Pascal Decroos Fund aims to bring with Mediafair.org a sustainable interactive, crowd sourcing, - funding and community journalistic platform that makes journalists perceived trustful in bringing via dialogue the stories that matter to the people. Mediafair enables journalists to brand themselves and their work. Mediafair would make journalists to spend less time looking for the right tools, and spend more time using the best tools to create in-depth stories and get them to their public.
- 23/05/2013 Uitreiking 50e Belfius Persprijzen
- 16/05/2013 Misbruik interimcontracten in de journalistiek veroordeeld
- 13/05/2013 VPRO Bob den Uyl Prijs uitgereikt
- 08/05/2013 Mediagroepen ondertekenen fair use charter
- 02/05/2013 De vrije markt versmoort het vrije woord
- 02/05/2013 Onafhankelijke deskundige (m/v) gezocht
- 29/04/2013 Vooral 'over' N-VA werd gepraat
- 26/04/2013 #dataharvest13
- 25/04/2013 Minister Lieten reikt twee prijzen uit op de Nacht van de Journalistiek
- 19/04/2013 Beurs voor Japan (Marilo Fund)