Werkbeurs - Divided Cities in Europe
The European Union has worked since its foundation to achieve border integration. Nevertheless, the creation of new borders and the strengthening of existing ones still occurs, especially within cities. Now that national borders are more permeable and less confining than ever due to globalization, the strongest conflicts are related to urban space.
Chris Hondros Fund, set up in memory of photographer killed in Libya, will raise money for photojournalism fellowships.
LONDON - A Global platform for Professional, Amateur and Student Photographers to communicate and showcase Photojournalism, Fine Art and Commercial Photography.
NY - The Magnum Foundation Emergency Fund supports photographer Teun Voeten for his Mexico project that was initialized with an FPD grant: The Hell of Juarez.
Werkbeurs - Stranded and stuck in Libya
Sub Saharan refugees and migrants get stranded in Libya, one of the most important transit countries, on their way to Europe. The European Union tries to keep migrants from reaching Europe by making expensive deals with the Libyan Government. The Libyan government successfully stops 95% of the boats trying to head for Europe since 2009. Thousands of to-be migrants are stuck in Libya without any status. There is no way forward and for some, no way back. Mashid Mohadjerin visited some of these migrants and refugees, she interviews and shows us Aleb, Daniel, Ahlas and Uche among others.
A'DAM - World Press Photo is announcing its first contest for multimedia productions in visual journalism.The contest is divided into two sections, for linear and for interactive multimedia.
- 17/05/2013 Kantoor gesloten
- 16/05/2013 Misbruik interimcontracten in de journalistiek veroordeeld
- 13/05/2013 VPRO Bob den Uyl Prijs uitgereikt
- 08/05/2013 Mediagroepen ondertekenen fair use charter
- 02/05/2013 De vrije markt versmoort het vrije woord
- 02/05/2013 Onafhankelijke deskundige (m/v) gezocht
- 29/04/2013 Vooral 'over' N-VA werd gepraat
- 26/04/2013 #dataharvest13
- 25/04/2013 Minister Lieten reikt twee prijzen uit op de Nacht van de Journalistiek
- 19/04/2013 Beurs voor Japan (Marilo Fund)