The International Press Institute (IPI) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its last Congress in Cape Town, on the eve of the historic all-race elections. From 12 to 15 April 2014 IPI will gather the stalwarts of press freedom from around the world to celebrate the historical transformations that have taken place both in the media industry and South Africa.
The founders of Journalismfund.eu, Danish-German journalist Brigitte Alfter and Belgian Ides Debruyne, have been awarded the Prize for the Freedom and Future of the Media 2013 for their efforts to help secure the future of investigative journalism.
The Russian Federation has denied Ukrainian journalist Oleg Khomenok entry into the country for the next five years.
To mark the AEJ’s 50th anniversary, AEJ in co-operation with the European Parliament (DG Communications) will organise in Brussels on May 8th a seminar ‘Media Freedom in the EU member states (incl. Croatia)’ . Anni Podimata, EP Vice-President for Communication, and Neelie Kroes, European Commissioner for the Digital Agenda (Information Society and Media) will address the seminar, among others.
Two Swedish journalists are accused by the Ethiopian authorities of aiding and cooperating with "terrorist organisations". They were apprehended while doing their work in the Ogaden region, where separatist movements are involved in an armed struggle with the central governement in Addis Abeba. MO* participated in the opening session of a high profile court case.
Nieuws - World Press Freedom Day
WORLD - A new IFEX website, available in English, French and Spanish, showcases exactly what our 88 members are doing and thinking about on World Press Freedom Day. You'll find out how it is being commemorated around the world, and how you can get involved in your own community.
VIENNA - The South and East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO), a network of editors, media executives and leading journalists in South East and Central Europe and an affiliate of the International Press Institute (IPI), has launched a specialized website dedicated to press freedom-related developments in Hungary. The Budapest-based Center for Independent Journalism, a member of the South East European Network for Professionalization of Media, is SEEMO´s partner in this project.
VIENNA - The International Press Institute (IPI) on Friday condemned raids by Turkish police last week in search of draft copies of an unpublished book by imprisoned journalist Ahmet Sik that reportedly focuses on the influence of an alleged Islamic group within the country's police force.
- 07/07/2014 Studenten postgraduaat publiceren in De Standaard (x2)
- 02/07/2014 VVOJ-conferentie 2014 in Kortrijk
- 02/07/2014 Memorandum VVJ: "vijf journalistieke uitdagingen voor beleidsmakers"
- 27/06/2014 Henk van Ess ruimt Twitter voor u op
- 26/06/2014 Studenten IRJ naar buitenland voor studie
- 13/06/2014 Geen ‘excuustruzen’ alstublieft: behoefte aan hernieuwde consensus over diversiteit op redacties
- 10/06/2014 rekto:verso sponsort onderzoeksjournalistiek
- 03/06/2014 Word onderzoeksjournalist, schrijf je in voor het postgraduaat IRJ!
- 27/05/2014 Lieve Joris wint de VPRO Bob den Uyl Prijs 2014
- 27/05/2014 Recordaantal inzendingen / nieuwe deadlines