On the occasion of World Press Freedom Day on 3 May 2015 the Brussels Platform for Journalism, BOZAR & Evens Foundation organise Difference Day in the Brussels Centre for Fine Arts.
UNESCO leads the worldwide celebration of World Press Freedom Day 2015 by co-hosting a three-day conference in Riga, Latvia, together with the Government of Latvia from 2-4 May 2015.
We would like to express our sincere condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the victims of the tragedy that took place at Charlie Hebdo’s offices in Paris today.
The International Press Institute (IPI) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its last Congress in Cape Town, on the eve of the historic all-race elections. From 12 to 15 April 2014 IPI will gather the stalwarts of press freedom from around the world to celebrate the historical transformations that have taken place both in the media industry and South Africa.
The founders of Journalismfund.eu, Danish-German journalist Brigitte Alfter and Belgian Ides Debruyne, have been awarded the Prize for the Freedom and Future of the Media 2013 for their efforts to help secure the future of investigative journalism.
The Russian Federation has denied Ukrainian journalist Oleg Khomenok entry into the country for the next five years.
To mark the AEJ’s 50th anniversary, AEJ in co-operation with the European Parliament (DG Communications) will organise in Brussels on May 8th a seminar ‘Media Freedom in the EU member states (incl. Croatia)’ . Anni Podimata, EP Vice-President for Communication, and Neelie Kroes, European Commissioner for the Digital Agenda (Information Society and Media) will address the seminar, among others.
Two Swedish journalists are accused by the Ethiopian authorities of aiding and cooperating with "terrorist organisations". They were apprehended while doing their work in the Ogaden region, where separatist movements are involved in an armed struggle with the central governement in Addis Abeba. MO* participated in the opening session of a high profile court case.
- 08/02/2016 Zes Flanders Connects Continents aanvragen goedgekeurd
- 08/02/2016 Driejaarlijkse persprijs Jacques van Veen
- 28/01/2016 Stagiaire Fonds werkt aan en blogt over eigen onderzoekswebsite
- 15/01/2016 1st call for intercontinental grants closed
- 08/01/2016 Netwerk cyberpedofielen opgerold na onderzoek Belgische journalist
- 14/12/2015 Journalistiek bronnengebruik bij buitenlandberichtgeving
- 02/12/2015 !! NIEUW !! Beurzen voor Vlaams-Afrikaanse journalistieke samenwerking
- 01/12/2015 Tessa Vermeiren en Michaël Opgenhaffen verlaten FPD-jury
- 01/12/2015 "Gelukkig zijn jonge journalisten nog steeds ambitieus en avontuurlijk"
- 01/12/2015 "De typische onderzoeksjournalist bestaat niet"