On the occasion of World Press Freedom Day on 3 May 2015 the Brussels Platform for Journalism, BOZAR & Evens Foundation organise Difference Day in the Brussels Centre for Fine Arts.
UNESCO leads the worldwide celebration of World Press Freedom Day 2015 by co-hosting a three-day conference in Riga, Latvia, together with the Government of Latvia from 2-4 May 2015.
We would like to express our sincere condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the victims of the tragedy that took place at Charlie Hebdo’s offices in Paris today.
The International Press Institute (IPI) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its last Congress in Cape Town, on the eve of the historic all-race elections. From 12 to 15 April 2014 IPI will gather the stalwarts of press freedom from around the world to celebrate the historical transformations that have taken place both in the media industry and South Africa.
The founders of Journalismfund.eu, Danish-German journalist Brigitte Alfter and Belgian Ides Debruyne, have been awarded the Prize for the Freedom and Future of the Media 2013 for their efforts to help secure the future of investigative journalism.
The Russian Federation has denied Ukrainian journalist Oleg Khomenok entry into the country for the next five years.
To mark the AEJ’s 50th anniversary, AEJ in co-operation with the European Parliament (DG Communications) will organise in Brussels on May 8th a seminar ‘Media Freedom in the EU member states (incl. Croatia)’ . Anni Podimata, EP Vice-President for Communication, and Neelie Kroes, European Commissioner for the Digital Agenda (Information Society and Media) will address the seminar, among others.
Two Swedish journalists are accused by the Ethiopian authorities of aiding and cooperating with "terrorist organisations". They were apprehended while doing their work in the Ogaden region, where separatist movements are involved in an armed struggle with the central governement in Addis Abeba. MO* participated in the opening session of a high profile court case.
- 11/05/2015 Zo kun je de vierde macht nog sterker maken
- 28/04/2015 Dataharvest/EIJC 2015: laatste kans om in te schrijven!
- 22/04/2015 Wouter Van Driessche wint Citi Journalistic Excellence Award 2015
- 13/04/2015 Stichting Filip Decock presenteert haar projecten onderzoeksjournalistiek
- 31/03/2015 Vlaams Stimuleringsfonds voor innovatieve journalistiek
- 31/03/2015 Fonds Pascal Decroos lanceert idee voor Vlaams Stimuleringsfonds voor Innovatieve Journalistiek
- 31/03/2015 Preliminary Programme Dataharvest EIJC15 online
- 26/03/2015 Deadlines 2015 bekend
- 17/03/2015 Studenten IRJ publiceren buitenlandstukken
- 12/03/2015 Marilo Fund grant for project on Japanese society