The Brussels Center for Journalism Studies (BCJS) of KU Leuven Campus Brussels is hosting an international lecture on Language, culture and nationality as influences on journalism.
On 3 May, World Press Freedom Day, the annual Difference Day will take place in BOZAR in Brussels, Belgium.
On the occasion of World Press Freedom Day on 3 May 2015 the Brussels Platform for Journalism, BOZAR & Evens Foundation organise Difference Day in the Brussels Centre for Fine Arts.
The Dataharvest European Investigative Journalism Conference, organised by Journalismfund.eu, is the most relevant networking event for investigative and data journalists in Europe. Dataharvest EIJC 2015 will take place on Friday 8, Saturday 9 and Sunday morning 10 May 2015, with a pre-conference Hackaton on Thursday 7 May. Like the previous years, the conference will take place in the centre of Brussels.
From the 6th till the 8th of May 2012 the European Data Harvest Conference brought together the cream of European data journalism in Brussels.
Come to the Data Harvest conference in Brussels on May 6th-8th 2012. Get freshly harvested Farmsubsidy.org data, meet the most interesting journalists in the field of data journalism and visualisation, freedom of information, visualisation and cross-border reporting.
Model NATO Youth Summit is the largest simulation of the NATO decision-making process in Europe, to be held in Brussels, from the 8th to 13th of July 2012. This first edition’s central theme is the “Political responsibility through leadership, innovation andstrategic thinking in the XXIst century”. MoNYS 2012 will bring together 12 best future journalists from both Europe and North America.
The President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso, will give the key note speech at the 50th Anniversary Congress of the European Newspaper Publishers’ Association, at The Square in Brussels on 8th November 2011. European Commission Vice-President, Viviane Reding, responsible for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, will give the opening speech at the event. The closing speech will be given by Commissioner Michel Barnier, who is responsible for Internal Market and Services.
A communication to the European Parliament on November 8 in the Information Office of the European Parliament in Belgium, Square du Luxembourg, 1050 Brussels.
News - WJEC-3 in Brussels in 2013
The World Journalism Education Council has selected Belgium, Brussels, as the site of the 2013 World Journalism Education Congress. The European Journalism Training Association-Flemish/Dutch Network of Journalism Institutes submitted the proposal.
- 08/02/2016 Six Flanders Connects Continents applications approved
- 15/01/2016 1st call for intercontinental grants closed
- 08/10/2015 How The Emancipated Journalist Can Save European Democracy (But Isn’t Doing It Yet)
- 28/05/2015 Connecting Continents: Working Grants for African-European Teams of Investigative Journalists
- 31/03/2015 Preliminary Programme Dataharvest EIJC15 online
- 12/03/2015 Marilo Fund grant for project on Japanese society
- 24/02/2015 Livestream Innovation Mediacafé February 26th
- 07/01/2015 Freedom of speech is not self-evident
- 22/10/2014 Registrations Dataharvest EIJC 2015 ongoing
- 21/08/2014 Pascal Decroos Fund and Journalismfund.eu to offer expertise to other organisations