The German investigative journalism association Netzwerk Recherche has pinned the dates for its annual conference for the year 2014. The conference will take place on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 July 2014 at NDR TV in Hamburg, Germany.
The job of the investigative journalist is to uncover facts the public should know about, but aren't allowed to. This course shows you where to find that information, and how to beat the rules sheltering it from view.
The University of Winnipeg and CBC News are joining forces to organise an event in Winnipeg in June 2014 called "Holding Power to Account: International Conference on Investigative Journalism, Democracy, and Human Rights."
There are some qualities of the investigative journalist that can't be taught, such as persistence, determination and a functioning moral compass. This course will give you a grasp of everything else.
On Wednesday 10 April, MEPs Monica Macovei and Bart Staes will host a conference entitled "Follow the money across borders" at the European Parliament on 10th April 2013, from 12:30 to 15:00, in Room JAN 6Q1.
Italian Investigative Journalism Festival from 9-11 April 2013
CIMA, het Center for International Media Assistance, publiceerde op 14 januari een nieuwe studie die kijkt naar ondersteuningsstrategieën voor onderzoeksjournalistiek. Journalismfund.eu en het Fonds Pascal Decroos worden genoemd als goede voorbeelden van 'grant-making organizations'.
- 01/10/2013 Journalismfund.eu announces a new donor
- 30/08/2013 New Chair for Journalismfund.eu
- 29/08/2013 Next deadline: 22 October
- 12/07/2013 Don’t add value, create it
- 12/07/2013 Journalismfund.eu's Brigitte Alfter and Ides Debruyne win media freedom prize
- 27/06/2013 The Third Way: Towards Foundation-Based Media
- 20/06/2013 EU Health Prize for Journalists 2013
- 12/06/2013 "We sometimes have to get our hands dirty"
- 04/06/2013 Offshore Leaks: ICIJ director Ryle in Brussels
- 26/04/2013 #dataharvest13