Julian Assange has been a remarkable source for mainstream media. So why has he been so ill-treated in return? There are many accusations levelled at him and his organisation, and whatever their bases, none of them justifies the reactions. And this hurts journalism as a whole.
AMSTERDAM - The right of journalists to protect their sources will be strengthened throughout Europe, after a judgment from the European Court of Human Rights Tuesday. In a ruling strongly reaffirming the "vital importance" protection of sources plays to press freedom, the court overturned a ruling that had compelled Dutch journalists to reveal the names of participants in illegal car races.
- 12/06/2013 "We sometimes have to get our hands dirty"
- 04/06/2013 Offshore Leaks: ICIJ director Ryle in Brussels
- 26/04/2013 #dataharvest13
- 08/04/2013 Follow the money across borders (Brussels)
- 30/01/2013 Creative Funding for Creative Media - Report
- 22/01/2013 6 days left to apply for Good Pitch Europe 2013
- 11/01/2013 NATO Youth Summit looking for young reporters
- 20/12/2012 Russia bars Ukrainian journalist for 5 years
- 02/12/2012 Registration #WJEC3 now open
- 21/11/2012 Online start-ups spread income sources