Model NATO Youth Summit 2012 (Brussels)
BRUSSELS - Model NATO Youth Summit is the largest simulation of the NATO decision-making process in Europe, to be held in Brussels, from the 8th to 13th of July 2012. This first edition’s central theme is the “Political responsibility through leadership, innovation andstrategic thinking in the XXIst century”. MoNYS 2012 will bring together 12 best future journalists from both Europe and North America.
As the home to the NATO Headquarters, Brussels will be hosting participants from:
- Central and Eastern Europe (Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Moldavia, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Ukraine) ;
- Balkan and Caucasus (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Serbia, Turkey) ;
- North Europe and the Baltic states (Denmark, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden) ;
- Western Europe (Belgium, Italy, France, the Netherlands, United Kingdom) ;
- North America (Canada, US)
This project aims to achieve diversity, continuity and sustainability. MoNYS 2012 will take place in the capital city of the European Union, and benefits from the fruitful cooperation with the NATO Headquarters in Brussels and Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). The conference serves as a platform for young journalist-to-be students to represent professional journalists and commentators, with the main purpose of writing reviews and academic articles on the progress of the Summit. During this six-day event, young students will have the chance to broaden their views on different political-approaches reporting, while getting to know each other’s cultures better.