News - Crowdfunding for journalism: is it working?
BRIGHTON - Journalism.co.uk talks with pioneers of crowdfunded reporting.
In the past few years a number of projects have cropped up which are trying to use crowdfunding as one mean to finance individual journalism pitches as well as journalism-related companies.
Journalism.co.uk talked to those who have ‘been there, done that, got the t-shirt’ when it comes to crowdsourcing revenues and can share the lessons learned along the way, as well as hearing from those taking their first steps on this path.
The podcast can be listened to here.
Interviewees included in the podcast are:
- David Cohn, founder, Spot.Us
- Bobbie Johnson, co-founder, Matter
- Henry Peirse, founder and CEO, GRN
- Karim Ben Khelifa, co-founder and CEO, Emphas.is
- Rachel Howells, director, Local News South Wales/Port Talbot MagNet