On 15 June 2012, the Flemish government organises an "Open Data Day"
There will be 2 main activities:
"APPS FOR FLANDERS": an event where developers will go to work with a number of government datasets. The event will be guided by the Belgian section of the "Open Knowledge Foundation" chaired by Pieter Colpaert.
"OPEN DATA - FROM STRATEGY TO PRACTICE"
Public nature and reuse of government data
- European Directives and their impact on our legislation (PSI Directive)
- GEO integration and the INSPIRE guidelines (INSPIRE Directive)
- Open Data portals in Flanders and Belgium, a future perspective, (opendataforum.be, data.gov.be, ...)
- Open Data, an economic perspective
- Open Data and the local authorities
These sessions / workshops will be organized by DDBZ, MOVI, AGORIA, V-ICT-OR and with the cooperation of the city of Ghent and the Catholic University of Leuven.
A number of experts in this field have already pledged their cooperation:
Open Data Day - 15 June 2012
Boudewijngebouw - Koning Boudewijnlaan 30, 1000 Brussel
For "Apps for Flanders" (max 100 p), registration via mail to email@example.com/strong>
For "Open Data - from strategy to practice" (max 100 p) registration vai mail to firstname.lastname@example.org