BRAZIL - For the construction of the Brazilian port of Porto do Açu, hundreds of families were forcibly evicted from their land. Fishermen lost their livelihoods and the promised jobs in the port never came. The port also turned up in one of the biggest corruption scandals in Brazil. All this did not stop the port of Antwerp from investing 20 million dollars in this controversial project.
Belgian and Brazilian investigative journalists collaborated in this project on a series of articles published by Apache, Médor and Reporters Brazil.
Photo: © Gustavo Louzada/Porã imagens.
- Antwerpse haven werkt samen met controversiële Braziliaanse haven, Apache, 8/06/2020. (in Dutch)
- Le port de l'angoisse (1/3) , Médor, 8/06/2020. (in French)
- Hoe de haven van Antwerpen in Brazilië belandde, Apache, 9/06/2020.(in Dutch)
- Le port de l'angoisse (2/3): La vie ruinée des communautés locales, Médor, 9/06/2020. (in French)
- Antwerpse haven op internationale veroveringstocht, Apache, 10/06/2020. (in Dutch)
- Le port de l'angoisse (3/3): Anvers à la conquête du monde, Médor, 10/06/2020. (in French)
O fim da praia: megaporto e termoelétricas com sócio estrangeiro ameaçam ribeirinhos e quilombolas no ES, Reporter Brasil, 17/06/2020. (in Portuguese)
- Anvers au Brésil: Sale port, Médor, June 2020, 6/06/2020. (in French)